Data protection statement
1. Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below we inform you about the data protection whenever you are using our website. Personal data are all data that refer to you, i.e. name, address, e-mail addresses, phone numbers and user behaviour.
(2) Responsible according to article 4, paragraph 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (GDPR) is
Am Sportplatz 13
see also our imprint
Our data protection officer can be contacted under:
Roswitha Klein, c/o Lindex GmbH
(3) Whenever you contact us by e-mail, we will store the information you provide us (your e-mail address, your name and phone number) to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this context as soon as their storage is no longer required or limit their processing if there are legal retention periods existing.
(4) In case we rely on contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or if we like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in the following in detail about the respective procedures. In doing so, we also name the specified criteria for retention duration.
2. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with respect to your personal data:
- right of access to information,
- right of correction or deletion,
- right of limitation of data processing,
- right to object to the data processing,
- right of data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain about our processing of your personal data with a data protection supervisory authority.
3. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use the website for solely informational purposes, i.e. when you do not log in to the site to use it, register or pass us information in any other way, we do not collect any personal data other than the data that your browser sends us in order to enable you to visit the site. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is article 6 paragraph 1 item 1, letter f of the GDPR).
- date and time of request
- time difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of request (specific page)
- access status/HTTP-status code
- volume of data transmitted
- website from which the request was sent
- browser type
- operating system and its user interface
- language and version of browser software.
(2) In addition to the above mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk and assigned to the browser you use and through which specific information flows to the location specified in the cookie (i.e. to us in this case). Cookies cannot execute programs and cannot infect your computer with viruses. They serve the purpose of making the internet offering more user-friendly and effective to use.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies whose scope and function are explained in the following:
- Transient cookies (dazu b)
- Persistent cookies (dazu c).
b) Transient cookies, including in particular the session cookies, are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These session cookies store a so-called session-ID assigning the various requests from your browser to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized again when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified time which may differ depending on the cookie. You can alter the security settings of your browser at any time to delete the cookies.
d) You can configure your browser settings to suit your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. We would point out, however, that if you choose this option, you may not be able to use all the functions of the website.
4. Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We presently use no social media Plug-Ins.
(2) If you use social media Plug-Ins on other websites we neither have influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor do we know the full extent of the data collection, the purpose of the processing and the retention periods. We also have no information with regards to the plug-in provider deleting the collected data.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or tailor-made website design. Such an evaluation is done in particular (also for users that are not logged in) for needs-based advertising and to inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such user profiles whereby you have to contact the corresponding plug-in provider to exercise it. Through the plug-ins we offer you the possibility to interact with the social networks and other users to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. Legal basis for using the plug-ins is article 6 paragraph 1 item 1 letter f of the GDPR.
(4) Data transfer takes place regardless whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. In case you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your data collected by us will be assigned directly to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and for example link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares it publicly with your contacts. We recommend logging out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button as this will prevent you from being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the following data protection statements of the various providers. There you will also find additional information about your rights and setting options for protecting your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the corresponding plug-in providers and URL with their data protection notices:
a) [Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; www.facebook.com/policy.php; more information about data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other as well as www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Google has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
d) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany; www.xing.com/privacy.
e) T3N, yeebase media GmbH, Kriegerstr. 40, 30161 Hannover, Germany; t3n.de/store/page/datenschutz.
f) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
g) Flattr Network Ltd. mit Sitz in 2 nd Floor, White bear yard 114A, Clerkenwell Road, London, Middlesex, England, EC1R 5DF, Großbritannien; flattr.com/privacy.]
5. Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have not included YouTube Videos on our Website.
(2) More information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by YouTube is included in the data protection statement. There you will also find additional information about your rights and setting options for protecting your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google processes your personal data also in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
6. Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we do not use the Google Maps offers.
(2) More information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider is included in the provider’s data protection statements. There you will also find additional information about your rights and setting options for protecting your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google processes your personal data also in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
Our employees are bound to a confidential clause concerning the collected data.